Simplify the guest registration by using QR codes
QR codes, 2D bar codes, liquid bar codes, are all the same names for a type of bar code that has been around for quite a few years now. They are mainly used for digital tickets and coupon purposes, but have also been used by many brands as a direct link to their web page, as being a new “cool” way of directing people to their web page. This “QR code as a web page link” trend has now died a little, but the idea of turning a barcode into an URL is quite clever and can be used for other more useful purposes.
One of the things Zeguestlist’s system enables you to do is to easily create a QR code for each event registration page you create in the system, and customize the registration forms and fields to collect the information you want from the people registering.
How QR codes for Guest Registration works:
- Post the QR code: Setup the QR code at the entry of an event, in a club, bar or other area where you wish to collect data or have people register
- Guests scan the QR code: People can then scan the QR code with their smart phone camera using any QR code scanning application
- Guests register and auto-post to Facebook: After scanning the QR code it will take them directly to the page where they can register, and each guest shares their registration on their Facebook page
- Auto generated gift-collecting email: After registering they get an email confirmation used to collect free gifts or enter an event
How you can use it:
These registration QR codes can be used in several ways to build your database and improve the image of your brand:
- Standard registration: Simply sign up for an event by scanning the QR code
- Nightlife free drink scheme: At clubs, bars and events you can hang up this QR code in your establishment and post it online getting people to register giving them an incentive in form or a free drink, gift or even participating in a competition
- Customer feedback: Use the QR code as a direct link to a page where your guests can give feedback on the products or services you are providing
- Sample and freebie events: For product launches and promotional events, where you give away samples against attendees registering, you can setup a QR code to register when attendees arrive, so that they scan the QR code with their smart-phone, which enables all guests to register at the same time on their own smart-phone avoiding a queue upon arrival
If the attendees do not have access to scan the QR code with their smart phone you also have the option of providing a URL per event, or event setting up a tablet or smart-phone on-site for people to register. One of the key benefits is getting people to register directly in the system to avoid data consolidation work after the event.
Benefits you get by using this QR code solution:
- No More Registration Queues: Each person scans the QR code and registers separately on their smart phone
- No Extra Work After Data Collection: Zeguestlist automatically compiles the information for you. Either reuse the info in our system for email send-outs, check in guests at an event or export the collected data to Excel
- Improve Your Brand Image: Make your brand look better and impress your customers and potential customers using the latest technology
- Let Your Guests Market You: Each guest registration is shared on their Facebook profile and help you market your brand
- Collect the Information You Need: Custom design your registration forms and fields to capture the information catering to your needs
Join Zeguestlist in exploring new ways of utilizing QR code technology. Increase your customer’s experience and eliminate most of your back-office administrative work!